Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive÷a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Accountable for helping our customers thrive, by understanding their strategy, anticipating / assessing their needs, and proactively providing solutions for Cargill Aqua Nutrition(CQN) in the North Sea´s most complex and demanding customers AND internally to CQN North Sea Leadership Teams. Involves regular visits to the customer at headquarter and operational locations.
Provides technical support and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement of EWOS feed products. Utilizes deep industry expertise in nutrition and formulation AND full breadth of knowledge across health, pellet quality to resolve technical problems, troubleshoot and modify product to customer requirements. Customer training is typically delivered in person.
Manages broad portfolio for CQN in the North Seas most strategic customers involving projects requiring new feed ingredients / new feed application technology (agility and some strategic projects). Assigned to lead/ champion agility project portfolio for grower feeds for CQN in the North Sea region.
CUSTOMER & CLIENT NEEDS ASSESSMENT / PRODUCT & PROJECT PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Leads/ champions and continuously reformulates Cargills existing portfolio of grower feeds in the North Sea region, in addition to customer accounts (provides input to strategy in relation to new or existing ingredients, understands total ingredient matrix, interaction of the ingredients and relation to application by the customer)
Partners with CQN North Sea Sales/ Commercial teams to acquire new business from customers with the most significant business impact (i.e., participate in visits, interact with technical teams of potential customers).
Analyzes competitor capabilities along with comparisons to Cargill capabilities to determine gaps and how Cargill can best serve the customer
Directly interacts with the customers highest level of Technology Leadership (i.e., Chief Technology Officer, VP of Product Development, Director of R&D) for CQN North Seas largest, most strategic customers to understand the business strategy and anticipate the needs of the customer.
Supports the Sales/ Commercial Teams for BUs most strategic customers:
- provides product/ application/ ingredient/ processing/ expertise
- shares intimate knowledge of the customers business strategy and processes
- provide insight to customer needs and competitor comparisons
- provides first line prioritization of the customers broad innovation portfolio.
- Works directly with CQN North Sea Leadership Teams as well as CQN Coldwater Species Team to define the strategy for the CQN North Sea´s grower product portfolio and long-term / high risk innovation projects.
SOLUTION IDENTIFICATION / PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT / VALUE OPTIMIZATION / TECH STRATEGY
- Proactively identifies customer solutions and new ways that CQN North Sea can create value for the customer.
- Acts as primary technical contact for global and national Customer Accounts with the most significant business impact.
- Addresses a wide range of customer technical questions and concerns from simple to extremely complex where analysis of a customer problem requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Works directly with CQN NorthSeas most strategic customers to build and maintain a deep understanding of their business strategy, in conjunction with external trends in order to proactively anticipate new technology needs and identify new ingredients/ formulation/ product opportunities, specific to their needs
- Anticipates and translates customer needs into clear and concise problem definitions that can be understood and acted upon by internal Technology, R&D, Operations, Sales and Commercial teams.
- Assesses performance against success criteria in customer terms with the most significant business impact for CQN in the North Sea region. Grows incremental contribution margin to meet agreed targets.
- Represents Cargill in relevant external organizations, committees, technical exhibitions and groups to appropriately influence key external experts and customers on Cargill opinions as well as product strategy.
PROJECT PLANNING, FOLLOW-UP / ISSUES RESOLUTION
- Identifies agility project scope, begins project plan and provides project oversight for CQN in the North Sea regions most strategic customers where project success is critical (e.g., identify equipment, capabilities and team members required for project, enter and update project in Project Tracker) Projects typically involve new feeds, new raw materials / new application technology (agility and some strategic projects).
- Independently develops most complex formulations involving significant interpretation and variation of the recipes.
- Provides project follow-up on behalf of the customer (level 1A, 1, and some 2 & 3 projects). Works directly with Cargill¿s internal SMT (Technology and Research & Development) and Operations teams to ensure projects are completed and issues are resolved timely and within agreed upon cost and quality standards.
- Independently troubleshoots problems, utilizing industry expertise in one or more field AND full breadth knowledge across multiple specialties. Works directly with Research, Development, Applications and Commercial QA team on behalf of the customer.
- May be responsible for individual technology project budget(s) within scope of responsibility.
CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION / TRAINING / INTERNAL COMMUNICATION AND CONSULTATION
- Presents project proposals for new application/ recipe/ formulation/ product directly to the customer. Typically presents directly to the customer¿s highest level of Technology Leadership (i.e., Chief Technology Officer, VP of Product Development, Director of R&D) for CQN North Sea¿s most strategic customers.
- Independently creates and delivers most specialized training for customers to educate on various feed products, feed ingredients and their different applications. May delegate training documentation to more junior team members.
- Independently, or with support from internal Technology team, documents most complex product specifications and delivers specifications and prototypes direct to the customer or internal Applications or Production teams. May delegate specification documentation to more junior team members.
- Provides coaching and facilitates knowledge transfer to more junior team members.
- Provides guidance to customers on legislation and regulation related to feed, feed safety and health claims that may influence products, ingredients and labeling.
This position will require up to 40% travel to build deep trusting relationships with key customer technical personnel
This role focuses on the Technology Application dimension of the SMT function, and provides the opportunity to demonstrate the ability to simultaneously manage change in both the customer and the Cargill organization, and to master the Customer Focused Development process. Future roles could be in Strategic Marketing, in SMT Leadership, to move across into the global Technology Application and R&D organizations.
- Masters degree or PhD in relevant disciplines such as Fish nutrition
- More than five years commercial experience in the field of product development and reformulation of feed
- Demonstrated customer facing experience (Executive Presence, Listening, Positioning skills)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Norwegian
- Demonstrated skills in developing trusted relationships with customers
- Proven ability to gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market
share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Solid technical background and understanding of the salmon industry
- Participatied in customer-facing negotiation teams
- Good presentation skills, problem solving skills and consultative skills
- Structured and analytical with good planning and implementation capacity
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
SØK STILLINGEN HER